DescriptionVendetta Online is a science fiction MMORPG set in the distant future in space. It uses both Wing Commander-style combat and realistic physics flight models tuned for fast-paced gameplay. There are also a few thin RPG elements. Combat is twitch-based, requiring skill instead of relying solely on parameters. There is a dynamic economy with independent NPCs living their own lives, different occupations (bounty hunting, mining, missions) and a large galaxy explore.
Players can form guilds, concentrate on missions, attack anyone including law enforcement groups, or engage in large space wars. The game is under constant development, with new features and content released almost every week.
Although the game uses various shaders and high-res textures for the newest systems, it is scalable for lower-end hardware that very few other games will even run on (a Mac G3 with a Rage128 video card for instance).
The game is free to download and try for 8 hours (no credit card required). After that it is $9.99/mo with substantial discounts for longer subscriptions. A boxed retail version was released on 1st November 2004.
There are no Android user screenshots for this game.
There are no promo images for this game
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Vendetta Online (official website)
- Have Starship, Will Travel (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of Vendetta Online, with commentary being provided by Managing Director John Bergman (October, 2004).)
- Vendetta Online (Official game website)
- Vendetta Online Beginner's Guide (A short introduction to Vendetta Online at IMG.)
- Wiki (Vendetta Online community wiki)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.