DescriptionAngband is an updated version of the game Moria, adding more monsters, character races and classes; deepening the dungeon from 50 levels to 100; and including such new features as monster pits and unique items. The object of the game is to become powerful enough to defeat a difficult unique monster, Morgoth, at the bottom of the dungeon.
There are no promo images for this game
- "PCAngband" -- DOS title
- "Angband: The Pits of Angband" -- In-game title
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Hunger / Thirst
- Gameplay feature: Mining
- Gameplay feature: Permadeath / Permanent Death
- Games with randomly generated environments
- Inspiration: Author - J. R. R. Tolkien
- Rogue variants / Roguelikes
There are no reviews for this game.
|GameHippo.com||DOS||Feb 02, 2000||9 out of 10||90|
There are currently no topics for this game.
LicenseAngband was released with a licence similar to Linux's General Public License. Because of this, there are many different Angband variants available, such as Zangband, PernAngband, and Oangband.
Related Web Sites
- Angband for Nokia Internet Tablets (Arnim Sauerbier's Angband port to Nokia Internet Tablets.)
- Classic Mac Gaming: Angband - Past, Present & Future (IMG article about Angband and its history.)
- Play Angband - rephial.org (official game website)
- Tales From the Pit (A new Angband comic strip!)
- Thangorodrim ("The Angband Page". Documentation, FAQs, list of Variants, and downloads for all platforms (no longer updated).)
- The Angband comic archive (Archive of a series of text-only cartoons in Angband style that appeared between 2001 and 2003.)