DescriptionRoger Wilco is one of the most important men on the starship Arcada: he is the janitor! Just when he was doing what he does best (dozing off in a closet), the shrill sound of an alarm penetrated the air. Arcada is attacked by the evil Sariens! Before Roger realizes what is going on, he discovers that he is the only survivor. The Sariens have killed the entire crew and stolen the valuable Star Generator. Roger's immediate task is to find a way to leave Arcada, which is about to explode in fifteen minutes. And then he'll have to show the Sariens why they should never mess with brave intergalactic janitors!
Space Quest: The Sarien Encounter is a humorous sci-fi adventure game made with Sierra's AGI engine. The gameplay is similar to that of King's Quest: the player navigates Roger around with arrow keys and interacts with the game world by typing commands. There are puzzles to solve and plenty of situations where the player will have to use his wit to save Roger from death.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Star Quest" -- Working title
- "SQ1" -- Common abbreviated / informal title
- "Space Quest 1" -- Informal title
- "Space Quest" -- Informal title
Part of the Following Groups
- Game Engine: Adventure Game Interpreter (AGI)
- Gameplay feature: Gambling
- Games made into comics
- Setting: Space station / Spaceship
- Space Quest series
There are no reviews for the Apple IIgs release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Anyone knows what that plant is for?||24||Pseudo_Intellectual (57628)
May 31, 2007
TriviaThere a lot of references to King's Quest in this game. Besides crash-landing in Daventry when you press the "don't touch button" (see screenshots), those evil Sariens seem to enjoy playing King's Quest. While on board the Deltaur, try talking to a Sarien. Type:
TALK TO GUARD
The following lines are some of the responses the game has to offer:
- "Have you played King's Quest III?" you ask the guard.
"Yes" responds the surprised guard, "I just bought it last week. It was on sale for 128.000 buckazoids at Tiny's Holodisk Shop. What a bargain!!!"
- The guard outlines his favorite massacre, "the Great Daventry Rout" as he called it. You ponder the meaning of this for a while.
- "Do you own King's Quest II ?" asks the nosy guard?
"Great!!!" responds the guard. Pondering his interest you ask yourself whether or not this guy is getting a kick-back from Sierra On-Line. Later you realize this is silly, what would a Sarien do with money from Coarsegold?"
Related Web Sites
- Hints for Space Quest 1 (These question and answer hints will help you solve the game without spoiling it for you.)
- Roger Wilco's virtual broomcloset (Site dedicated to the SQ series. )
- ScummVM (supports the DOS, Macintosh, Amiga, Atari ST and Apple IIgs versions of Space Quest: The Sarien Encounter under Windows, Linux, Macintosh and other platforms.)
- SpaceQuest.Net - Space Quest 1 Story (The most comprehensive site about Space Quest 1, both EGA and VGA versions: Basic game information, hints (with scans of the official hint book), documentation (downloadable PDF manual), demos and even design sketches.)
- Space Quest Treasure Trove (Your key to the Golden Mop lies here! This site provides a complete graphical walkthrough for Space Quest: The Sarien Encounter.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.