DescriptionAround the World in Eighty Days: Phileas Fogg is a hidden object game based on the classic adventure novel by French writer Jules Verne. The player assumes the roles of both the English gentleman Phileas Fogg and his assistant Jean Passepartout, on their race to circumnavigate the globe in 80 days and win the bet made by Fogg to the other members of his club. Most of the time, the objective is to find all the items listed at the bottom of the screen, on locations filled with scattered objects depicting places related to the plot. Some of the original illustrations used on the first editions of the book are displayed on cutscenes between the scenes.
The interface has a magnifying glass button that shows a zoom view of the scene, to make the search for small objects easier. The hint button is a round clock button displaying the number of available hints on its face. The hint button highlights the position of one of the required items when activated, taking some time afterwards before allowing the use another hint. After all the hints are spent, extra ones start to appear on the screen as hidden gold stars.
There are some variations of gameplay on later stages, where the player has to navigate a forest maze in India, pick up cards with singular characteristics from a stack, and other challenges. The language can be set to English, French, Spanish, German or Italian.
- "Le tour du monde en 80 jours HD: Extended Edition - HD" -- French iPad title
- "Around the World in Eighty Days: The Challenge - Extended Edition" -- iPad in-game title
- "Around the World in Eighty Days: The Challenge" -- Windows in-game title
- "Around the World in 80 Days: The Challenge" -- Macintosh title
- "Around the World in 80 Days: Extended Edition" -- Amazon.com download release title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
- Air race 1 - music composed by:
Inspired by the novel "Around the world in 80 days" by: