DescriptionThe Director's Cut Edition is the Windows release of Assassin's Creed.
While the core gameplay remains the same as in the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, the Director's Cut Edition features some additions and improvements besides the more detailed graphics (including DirectX 10 support). The most noticeable additions are the four new informant missions which increases the total to nine available missions for each assassination. The four new ones are:
- Roof Chase - once Altaïr has met up with an informant, he sends him to a second one which he needs to reach before the time runs out.
- Kill the Archers - Altaïr needs to take out all the archers on the roofs in a defined zone silently so that the other assassins can move on with their own missions.
- Destroy the Market Stands - as the name suggest, Altaïr needs to destroy a predefined number of market stands but will encounter heavy resistance from the marketeers.
- Escort - a fellow member of the brotherhood has stolen something very valuable and now the guards are chasing him. Altaïr needs to escort him safely out of the city.
- "刺客教條 (導演豪華版)" -- Taiwan title
- "Assassin's Creed (Wersja Reżyserska)" -- Polish title
- "Assassin's Creed: Versão do Diretor" -- Brazilian title
- "Assassin's Creed (Director's Cut)" -- GOG title
Part of the Following Groups
- Assassin's Creed series
- Covermount: Fullgames
- Setting: City - Jerusalem
- Setting: Middle East
- Technology: amBX
|Okay, we've got the playground. Now all we need is a game...||Cor 13 (172526)|
|Nothing's what it seems||NeoJ (428)|
|Almost Famous.||dreamstealer (146)|
|Gorgeous game, but could've been MUCH better, it could've been a legend||Furiel kay (4)|
The Press Says
|Jeuxvideo.com||Apr 10, 2008||18 out of 20||90|
|Maximum PC||May 27, 2008||9 out of 10||90|
|Game Captain||Apr 12, 2008||86 out of 100||86|
|Gameguru Mania||May 11, 2008||85 out of 100||85|
|GameStar (Germany)||Mar 26, 2008||84 out of 100||84|
|Peliplaneetta.net||Apr 25, 2008||82 out of 100||82|
|GamingExcellence||May 19, 2008||7.7 out of 10||77|
|GamePro (US)||Apr 11, 2008||3.5 out of 5||70|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Apr 11, 2008||6 out of 10||60|
|Gaming since 198x||Jan 21, 2009||2 out of 5||40|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Innovative controls||2||St. Martyne (3539)
May 16, 2009
LawsuitIn August 2008 Ubisoft announced to have filed a lawsuit against the company it hired to reproduce discs for the PC edition of Assassin's Creed, as an OEM copy was used to make the game available online illegally six weeks prior to the release date.
References to the gameAssassin's Creed (Director's Cut Edition) was parodied in an episode of "Die Redaktion" (The Editorial Team), a monthly comedy video produced by the German gaming magazine GameStar. It was published on the DVD of issue 06/2008.