Circus Atari (Atari 2600)

Also For
3.3
Written by  :  gametrader (229)
Written on  :  Feb 15, 2006
Platform  :  Atari 2600
Rating  :  3.75 Stars3.75 Stars3.75 Stars3.75 Stars3.75 Stars

read more reviews by gametrader

Summary

Boing Boing. Bounce your clown and pop balloons.

The Good

It has simple fun game play that you can pick up any time for a few minutes of distraction. This game was the reason my parents bought a 2600 for my sister, because she played the arcade version and wanted it at home. So besides combat it was the first Atari 2600 game I played.

The Bad

There is very little not to like about the early 2600 games. Circus Atari was one of the older arcade games to be brought to the home console. By the time it was out on the 2600 space invaders and asteroids were also out.

The Bottom Line

You have a paddle controlled see saw with a little clown on one side. Another little clown jumps and you have to catch him on the see saw so he makes the other jump into the air. Across the top are moving boxes which are balloons. Touch a balloon and it pops. Simple. Like breakout the angle changes depending where on the see saw you catch the clown. Pop all the balloons and you get more. Everything speeds up and gets harder. Go for a high score.