Q*bert (Atari 2600)

3.4
Written by  :  Indra is here (19707)
Written on  :  Mar 04, 2006
Platform  :  Atari 2600
Rating  :  4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars

read more reviews by Indra is here

Summary

Beautiful little game...though I don't remember was it on Atari or DOS?

The Good

Well, the first thing that catches your eye is that odd little creature with 2 legs and an over-grown snout. Weird little creature back in the day, still its fascinating that they came up with that odd bloke as a main character...genius really.

I noticed when I played the game that the game had astounding graphics! Very colorful back then, which helped gameplay a great deal.

It was fun for a kid, trying to move the Q*Bert on those cubes and cursing when you made a wrong move while trying to eluding the bad guys.

The Bad

None.

I swear I played this on the PC although not quite sure whether it was DOS or PC Booter. But then again, I also had an Atari back then, so I'm not 100% sure. Internet research didn't come up with much, although there seems to be a lot of people called Bert though...doh. Mobygames currently doesn't support the any PC platforms on this game, so that somewhat confuses me (and no, I'm sure it wasn't J-Bird...)

The Bottom Line

One of the best puzzle-action type games in the day. No wonder they made a remake.