DescriptionSmurfette has been kidnapped and is being held atop a platform in Gargamel's castle. The player controls a smurf across the screen and must jump over obstacles, away from spiders, eventually up to smurfette to rescue her. Completing of this task restarts the game with faster moving obstacles and it also takes longer (more scenes) to get to Gargamel's castle.
- "Smurf Rescue" -- ColecoVision in-game title
- "Smurf" -- UK title
- "Schtroumpfs" -- French title
- "Schtroumpf Au château de Gargamel" -- Canadian French title
- "Pitufo" -- Spanish title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Atari 2600 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|TeleMatch||Nov, 1983||1 out of 6||100|
|The Video Game Critic||May 25, 2009||B||75|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Cancelled Intellivision versionSmurf: Rescue in Gargamel's Castle is mentioned in several of Coleco's and CBS's catalogues as being available for the Intellivision in addition to the VCS and Colecovision systems. This version was never released, though.
ColecoVision graphical glitchOne of the weirdest known quirks about this title was to walk the Smurf into the room where Smurfette was being held. Once the Smurf walked into the room, players could quickly leave the room, and due to a graphic glitch, it looked like Smurfette's dress would fly up. Harmless, but amusing for its time.
Information also contributed by Игги Друге.
Related Web Sites
- Video review of the ColecoVision, some games and modules (WARNING: Language) (The Angry Video Game Nerd, James Rolfe, reviews the CollecoVision, some modules and games, including Smurf: Rescue in Gargamel's Castle on ColecoVision.)