Stampede (Atari 2600)

3.4
Written by  :  Mullet of Death (604)
Written on  :  Mar 11, 2004
Platform  :  Atari 2600
Rating  :  2.75 Stars2.75 Stars2.75 Stars2.75 Stars2.75 Stars

read more reviews by Mullet of Death

Summary

Easy to learn, easy to play, not so easy to beat

The Good

This is a very cool game! The gameplay was excellent, considering you only have one joystick and one button to work with. I've always loved to graphics, especially the horses legs as you run. Actually, it's kinda funny, now that I think about it. It's just a fun game, one of my favorite Atari games.

The Bad

I would've liked to have seen some kind of multiplayer. I'm not exactly sure how that would work, but I'm sure they could've come up with something. Another thing was that you couldn't move left or right. That would've been fine if the cows different speeds. Sometimes you miss two at once. I guess it just wouldn't be the same game if it you could move all around the screen.

The Bottom Line

I was thinking about games like this and I realized that there are a lot of free games you can find on the internet that still follow after games like this. Games like Dnyomite, practically all the Zapspot games, and games from Shockwave, are all as addictive as this one. Easy to learn, easy to play, not so easy to beat. That's what I like about this one. It's probably the game that started the "addictive" genre of games. If you have an Atari, check out this game. It's well worth it.