DescriptionQ*bert is a conversion of the popular arcade game. The goal is to change all of the tiles on a pyramid to the target color. To do this you guide Q*bert around the pyramid, and every tile he hops on will change color. On early levels, a single hop will change the tile to the desired color, but on later levels you may need to hop on a tile multiple times or even avoid hopping on a tile multiple times! Trying to stop Q*bert are many different creatures which wander around the board, including Coily the snake, Slick and Sam, and falling balls. On the edge of the board are floating discs; if Q*bert jumps on one of these discs when the snake is in pursuit, the snake will fall off the board while Q*bert is safely transported to the top.
- "Snots and Boogers" -- Working title
- "Q*bert for Game Boy" -- Game Boy title
- "Gottlieb's Q*bert" -- Intellivision in-game title
- "Cubert" -- Working title
- "Ｑバート" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Games made into TV series
- Games referenced in movies
- Q*Bert variants
- Video games turned into board / card games
There are no reviews for the Atari 5200 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|The Video Game Critic||Nov 04, 2001||B||75|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaQ*bert is referenced in a flashback in a Family Guy episode. Stewie first says that a certain incident was worse than being Q*bert's roommate, where it then cuts to Stewie laying in the middle of the pyramid asleep with Q*bert jumping down turning on the tiles. Stewie then wakes up and says "It's all night with the lights, listen if you're gonna keep this up I'm not splitting the electric bill".
Related Web Sites
- History of Q*Bert -- Jeff Lee recalls the process of how Q*Bert came about.
- Q*bert -- A good article about the original Q*bert arcade game and its various system ports
- Q*Bert Manual -- The manual for the Atari 5200 is reproduced here.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.