DescriptionThe Dictator from the first Beach Head game is back, but World War 2 is over. Giving himself a new name, "The Dragon", he seeks revenge against the victorious allied forces. To further these ends, he kidnaps hostages and brings them to his island fortress...
Controlling either the forces of the Allied Commander (J.P. Stryler) or the Dictator (The Dragon), you will have to perform objectives across four different sequences, each with different perspective and controls.
In Sequence 1 "Attack", the allies invade the dictators base with soldiers dropped from a helicopter. The allied forces must land their soldiers and then march them forwards taking cover at different walls. The dictator only has to shoot them down with a machine gun.
In Sequence 2 "Rescue", the hostages are being rescued. The player who controls the allies will use the machine gun to defend hostages as they cross the open courtyard. The dictator can deploy between four different weapons: Man on top of wall, Tank, Truck and Trap Door, only one of which is on the screen at any time.
In Sequence 3 "Escape", hostages are loaded onto the helicopters. The allied player will select how to place hostages on helicopters and then man the controls, avoiding attack. The dictator chooses the level of the automated defense and then aims his tanks at the helicopter.
In the final sequence, "Battle", the allied commander and the dragon finally encounter one another deep underground. They will toss poontas (throwing knives) at each other until only one is left standing.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Beach-Head II" -- Alternate Title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
German indexOn January 14, 1986, Beach Head II was put on the infamous German index by the BPjS.
The game group offers more information about what this means.
- Commodore Format
- January 1991 (Issue 4) - listed in the A to Z of Classic Games article (Great)
Related Web Sites
WildKard (12131) added Beach-Head II: The Dictator Strikes Back (Atari 8-bit) on Feb 14, 2006
- AtariMania (Access Software release) (For Atari 8-bit: game entry database; downloadable release; game packaging; advertisement; manuals; magazine reviews; additional material.)
- AtariMania (US Gold re-release) (For Atari 8-bit: game entry database; downloadable release; game packaging; advertisement; manuals; magazine reviews; additional material.)
- Commodore 64 Boxed Sets (For C64: high quality game packaging digitalisations. Include box, manual, brochure, additional material.)
- CPC-Power (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; game packaging; manual digitalizations; goodies; advertisement; magazine reviews; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- CPCRrulez (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; advertisement; game packaging; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- IMDb, the Internet Movie Database (For combined platforms: game database entry.)
- Kio's home (For ZX Spectrum: additional material including – photographed cassete inlay; snapshots; downloadable releases.)
- Lemon 64 (For C64: game entry database; advertisement; magazine reviews; music; documentation; cover art; additional material.)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Encyclopaedic entry for combined platforms.)
- World of Spectrum (for ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material including – cassete inlay, advertisement, instructions; remakes links; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts.)
- ZX Spectrum Reviews (For ZX Spectrum: magazine game reviews in HTML.)