missing cover art
DescriptionThe football management game style has been one of the most enduring since Kevin Toms pioneered it in 1982. You start in the 4th division with the team of your choice, and can play on indefinitely in the hope of reaching the top division and dominating it, as well as winning the cups. Players can be bought or sold, with their transfer values varying according to the size of any bid. Their skills and morale vary as the season goes on, with resting key players in easy matches often a key move. You can take out a loan, limited depending on your division, while day-to-day bills must be covered. Matches feature short animated highlights sequences of key moments (Text only for C16).
There are no Atari 8-bit user screenshots for this game.
There are 123 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Futbol Manager" -- Spanish title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Dec, 1986||8.67 out of 10||87|
There are currently no topics for this game.
SpeechThe Amiga version used the inbuilt speech system to read out the division's results, similarly to the BBC's Final Score rundown. No effort was seemingly made to pronounce the names correctly, and the robotic American-sounding inbuilt voice was used, making for some laughably inaccurate pronounciations - Torquay becomes 'Tour-quaye' rather than 'Tour-kee' for example.
- Retro Gamer
- September 2004 (Issue #8) – #59 Best Game Of All Time (Readers' Vote)
- May 1985 (Issue 1) - #28 'It's the Zzap! 64 Top 64!'
Related Web Sites
- Football Manager PC Remake (Freeware fan made remake for Windows 95-2000.)
- Wikipedia - Football Manager Series (free Encyclopedia entry)
- World of Spectrum (downloadable releases (ZX Spectrum); additional material; remakes links; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.