Advertising BlurbsBack of Box - Commodore 64 (United States):
When a mission requires courage, ingenuity
and special skill, the U.S. Army’s elite corps of fighting men is often called into action. They’ve each been carefully chosen following rigorous training,
testing and evaluation.
- VARIETY OF MISSIONS-- Twelve different missions in 3 regions of the world. Mission objectives cover search and destroy, rescue, infiltration and sabotage scenarios.
- EXTENSIVE GRAPHICS-- Full-scrolling 3-D graphics in color and detail across varying terrain.
- MULTIPLE THREATS-- Enemy soldiers armed with submarine guns, hand grenades, antitank rockets and flamethrowers, minefields, robot minitanks, machine gun nests and more.
- REALISTIC ACTION-- You control walking, running and crawling of an individual soldier in 8 directions using a 360-degree field of fire with a carbine or other weapons.
- MODERN WEAPONS-- Carbine version of an M-16 assault rifle and bayonet, fragmentation grenades, LAW rockets ( light antitank weapon), timed plastic explosives.
Try your hand at being one of America’s best in AIRBORNE RANGER, an action-simulation where you embark on desperate solo missions behind enemy lines. You could be sent to rescue hostages from a terrorist prison or to infiltrate the headquarters of an enemy unit. Whether photographing a secret experimental enemy aircraft or sabotaging an aviation fuel dump, every mission takes careful planning and pinpoint execution.
AIRBORNE RANGER gives you full control of a single soldier with movement in eight directions. Run,. walk or crawl across full-scrolling 3-D terrain using trees, bushes and ravines to avoid the enemy or set up an ambush.
Air-drop caches of weapons and first aid supplies, then parachute into hostile territory armed only with a machine gun and a few grenades. Carefully study your map to plan mission and locate the pickup zone which you’ll need to reach safety.
AIRBORNE RANGER is a fast-paced action-simulation where you experience the danger and excitement of infiltration and combat. The list of features includes:
AIRBORNE RANGER. . .the action-simulation that challenges your strategic skills, reflexes and courage.
Contributed by Patrick Bregger (119462) on Sep 21, 2010.
You are a member of elite corps selected for your courage, ingenuity and special skills to go on the most dangerous missions. Parachute behind enemy lines armed only with a machine gun and hand grenades.
- Simulation of action behind enemy lines
- 12 exciting missions
- Full-scrolling 3-D graphics
- Various terrains to encounter
- Multiple enemy threats
- Modern weaponry
- Comprehensive documentation
- Endless hours of constructive entertainment
Airborne Ranger is a fast-paced action-simulation that challenges your strategic skills and reflexes. Control one soldier's battle against overwhelming odds. You can run, walk or crawl across full-scrolling 3-D terrain using trees, bushes and ravines to avoid the enemy or set up an ambush.
Whether rescuing hostages from a terrorist prison or infiltrating the headquarters of an enemy unit every mission takes careful planning and pinpoint execution. Drop caches of weapons and first aid supplies, out manoeuvre the enemy, then locate the pickup zone in order to reach safety. Airborne Ranger is an exciting combination of action, danger and suspense.
AIRBORNE RANGER FEATURES
Contributed by *Katakis* (37849) on May 26, 2004.
More Than Just a Great Game... It's an Adventure!
Call up your courage, your ingenuity and your aptitude... and all the cunning, dexterity and tactical expertise you can muster! You'll need it. The twelve desperate missions in this MicroProse classic use them all. You'd better be at your vest best.
Test yourself as one of America's elite fighting men. Embark on solo missions behind enemy lines --- rescue hostages from a terrorist prison or infiltrate the HQ of an enemy unit. Whether starting an infiltration, search and destroy, rescue or sabotage mission, plan on plenty of heavy-hitting action!
--Sweat and shiver on 12 different missions in 3 regions of the world
--Discover full-scrolling, 3D animation and super-color graphics 360 degrees of action as you walk, run and crawl in 8 directions
--Meet and beat multiple challenges from multiple threats
--Fight the odds -- robot minitanks, grenades, flamethrowers, and more
Contributed by SebastianLi (46) on Apr 06, 2000.