Hillsfar is a single-hero role-playing game (in comparison to other Advanced Dungeons & Dragons role-playing games, where the player usually controls a group of characters). A combination of first person perspective (when traveling in the city of Hillsfar) and third person perspective (usually in some action-style mini-quests) viewpoints.
As a would-be-hero, four classes are available in a randomly generated mission-based plot: fighter, thief, cleric, or magic-user. Each class to a certain extent, have different assigned quests given by each respective guild.
In Hillsfar, gameplay usually consists of various mini-games that are needed to complete the quests or missions provided at the local guild by the guild master. These mini-games (and their viewpoints) include:
- Fighting in the arena (third person).
- Competing at the archery range (first person).
- Exploring buildings or mazes (top-down).
- Riding a horse outside Hillsfar while avoiding obstacles (third person/side-scrolling).
- Locking picking doors and chests (first person).
Edit View History