DescriptionAfter having recovered the three treasures, King Graham has been crowned king. Now having needing a queen for companionship, Graham searches the land for a maiden, but to no avail, so he turns to the magic mirror for help. The mirror shows him a beautiful girl locked away in a quartz tower in a faraway land of Kolyma, and must find three keys that are used to unlock the door that will lead to her.
King's Quest II: Romancing the Throne is a graphic adventure game. As is typical for Sierra's AGI games, players move Graham around with arrow keys and perform actions by typing commands in the interface, which are usually a verb/noun sequence. Like the first game, a good knowledge of fairy tales is required to solve some puzzles.
- "KQ2" -- Informal abbreviated title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Atari ST release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|Tilt||Jun, 1987||16 out of 20||80|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||1993||61 out of 100||61|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThe credits for this game feature two talented young designers: Mark Crowe and Scott Murphy. They will later become famous as a design duo for inventing the successful Space Quest saga.
Related Web Sites
- AGD Interactive (Download King's Quest 2 remake for free)
- King's Quest 2 complete pictorial walkthrough + easter eggs (KQ2 complete detailed walkthrough with screenshots & easter eggs. )
- KQ2 Hints (Robert Norton's hints will definitely help you get through this game.)
- ScummVM (supports the DOS, Macintosh, Amiga, Atari ST, Apple IIgs versions of King's Quest II under Windows, Linux, Macintosh and other platforms.)
- Sierra's Official Solution (Reprinted here on Games Over)