DescriptionA very encompassing game that allowed players to issue orders to Tanks, AA units, Aircraft, Artillery and Infantry in a campaign against Warsaw Pact units in Europe, while specifically controlling a platoon of 4 M1 tanks. The player could jump into the position of the driver, gunner or commander of any of the tanks to view the world from a 1st person perspective, or work from a tactical map to command all his forces. Characters in the M1 platoon actually increased in skill as they survived battles.
- "M-1 Tank Platoon" -- Alternate spelling
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Atari ST release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Raze||Jan, 1991||90 out of 100||90|
|ST Format||Dec, 1990||84 out of 100||84|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Jun, 1991||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
GraphicsAround Desert Storm, MicroProse released a "bundle" called "Allied Forces, which contains Gunship and M1 Tank Platoon, but with a patch to make the terrain yellow/brown like Kuwait instead of the "green" of Europe.
TroopsYou don't just control your own platoon of 4 tanks. Sometimes additional forces will be assigned to you, anything from infantry (Bradley IFVs and M-113 APCs) and missile carriers (ITV-improved TOW vehicle) to A-10 or helicopter support. Sometimes you may even see some M-60 tanks assigned to you! Artillery is also available on call depending on what's available (HE, smoke, etc.).
- Amiga Joker
- Issue 01/1991 – #5 Best Simulation Game in 1990
- Computer Gaming World
- November 1991 (Issue #88) – Introduced into the Hall of Fame
- September 1990 (Issue #74) - Simulation Game of the Year
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) - #32 in the “150 Best Games of All Time” list
- Golden Joystick Rewards 1990: Winner Best Simulation.
- Power Play
- Issue 01/1990 - #2 Best Simuation in 1989