Oids (Atari ST)

Also For
Written by  :  eamonman (8)
Written on  :  Aug 20, 2004
Platform  :  Atari ST
Rating  :  3.75 Stars3.75 Stars3.75 Stars3.75 Stars3.75 Stars
read more reviews by eamonman

Summary

Fun game that I had almost completely forgotten about

The Good

Great Level editor- You had the ability to tile (in a 2D sense) mountain pieces together to form any amount of variation in your hills. Good Graphics for its time - It was one of my favorite games on my ST.

The Bad

Very difficult levels at times- you literally had an army of gravity inducing buildings hidden behind mountains either pushing or pulling you in areas where the terrain was purposefully rough and dangerous.

The Bottom Line

Futuristic choplifter. You have to blow up buildings full of 'oids', land safely and take them back to your mother ship. Just as choplifter, you have to be careful while trying to blow up enemies while the oids are scrambling all over the ground, trying to get your attention. There are many varied objects you must face, as you are in a futuristic environment. You have your basic turrets which shoot out the typical stream of bullets at you. You also have other enemies to make your life harder, like shields that protect enemy bases. There are also enemy buildings that can repulse or attract your ship to them. It makes flying through caverns more difficult. Lastly, you also have fuel depots where you can refuel our vehicle (you have limited fuel) A fun game, if not dated, but I can't believe that I found it again. I miss FTL games and what they were for their time. 4.5 out of 5.