Police Quest: In Pursuit of the Death Angel Ad Blurbs (Atari ST)
Advertising BlurbsFrom back of box:
EXPERIENCE WHAT IT'S REALLY LIKE TO BE A COP!
- Over one hundred city streets and four highways provide the landscape for hot leads and high speed pursuits.
- A realistic crime computer provides access to vital information on suspects.
- An authentic map of Lytton helps you keep track of where you are and where you need to get to.
- Incredible 3-D graphics! Move behind, in front of, and around objects.
- Full sentence input and optional joystick control.
- Pop-up text windows for easier reading.
- Multiple solutions and variable scoring. Play Police Quest over and over again, and try to top your previous performance.
Forget the mindless garbage you've seen on television. A police officer's job consists of more than high speed chases and "Dirty Harry" shootouts. Drug traffic, homicide and violence provide the backdrop for their everyday existence. It's a grueling, thankless career of unending responsability and unexpected jeopardy.
Now, to salute those "blue knights" who serve and protect, Sierra introduces Police Quest. An adventure game that lets you experience what it's like to be a real police officer.
Police Quest takes place in Lytton, a small town with a growing problem. A major criminal, dubbed by the press as "Death Angel," is creating havoc in the community. Drug trafficking, robbery and murder have made the streets unsafe, and the crime wave is escalating.
In Police Quest, you take on the role of a street cop in uniform. You'll deal with the routine of police life, handing out tickets, attending briefings, and even discovering your best efforts tangled in the red tape of the judicial system. If you make a good cop, you may be asked to "go undercover" in an assignment to infiltrate the "Death Angel's" gang, and bring the racketeer to justice.
Throughout the game, you must follow standard police procedures. You can't shoot first and ask questions later -- unless you want early retirement. One careless mistake, and you could make an arrest that won't hold up in court, or you might let a dangerous suspect get the upper hand.
Police Quest is a Sierra 3-D Animated Adventure. It is a game, but with its unflinching situations and real-life dramas, it isn't fantasy.
A gripping story, Police Quest is a factual account as told by ex-police officer Jim Walls. With 15 years on the police force, Jim Walls has brought to life the essence of what it is like to be a cop, from stopovers at the local coffee shop to shootouts in Central Park.
Contributed by Belboz (6484) on Apr 08, 2001.