DescriptionWhen his family was gunned down by gangsters, Frank Castle became The Punisher. As Judge, Jury, and Executioner, The Punisher is cleaning up New York City one dead criminal at a time. However, if he can raise $500,000, he can pay off an informant for the location of the biggest criminal in Manhattan, The Kingpin. Working with a time limit and financed by The Trust, he only has a short time to complete enough missions to raise that much money.
The Punisher primarily plays from a top-down perspective, where the player moves Frank through the streets and alleys of New York, entering buildings and taking out enemies with a range of weaponry. He also drives to locations in his Battle Van, where the player controls the van from a first-person perspective, to the mission’s address. The game also has a scrolling mode when Frank scuba dives and knifes underwater assailants on the way to boats.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
- BPjS / BPjM indexed games
- Gameplay feature: Scuba diving / Snorkeling
- Marvel licensees
- Punisher licensees
There are no reviews for this game.
|Raze||Nov, 1990||65 out of 100||65|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Sep, 1990||2.4 out of 12||20|
|ST-Computer||Nov, 1990||2 out of 10||20|
There are currently no topics for this game.
German indexOn October 31, 1991, The Punisher was put on the infamous German index by the BPjS. For more information about what this means and to see a list of games sharing the same fate, take a look here: BPjS/BPjM indexed games.
- Computer Gaming World
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) – #15 Most Memorable Game Hero (Frank Castiglione)
Related Web Sites
- AtariMania (The Edge, UK, Atari ST) (For Atari ST: game entry database; downloadable release; game packaging; advertisement; manuals; magazine reviews; additional material.)
- DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOS (Compatibility information page about the original game and its DOSBox versions. )
- Hall of Light (For Amiga: game database entry; digitalised manuals; game packaging; screenshots; additional material.)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (video game) (Encyclopaedic entry for the combined platforms of the game.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.