missing cover art
DescriptionThis is the first part of a computer trilogy of a German P&P-RPG Das Schwarze Auge. You can create a party of six characters to explore a world called Aventurien. Each player is represented by a skill and attribute system.
In the first part of the trilogy, it is your task to stop Orkish hordes from plundering human settlements in the borderlands of Aventurien. Therefore you´ll have to recover a mysterious sword forged by cyclops, called "Die Schicksalsklinge (=Blade of Destiny)". Little is known about this sword and it will take a while to discover it and its secrets.
There are no Atari ST screenshots for this game.
There are 58 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "天命之劍" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "DSA 1" -- Common German abbreviation
- "Das Schwarze Auge: Die Schicksalsklinge" -- German title
- "Das Schwarze Auge: Die Nordland-Trilogie Teil I - Die Schicksalsklinge" -- German CD-ROM release title
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Auto-mapping
- Realms of Arkania / Das Schwarze Auge series
- The Dark Eye / Das Schwarze Auge universe
There are no reviews for the Atari ST release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Locked doors, keys and lockpicks||1||Alex Z (1063)
Apr 07, 2012
BugsThe first release of the game was bug-pestered. They didn't even get the copy protection right. Included was an annoying doc check from the manual and a large color map ("what town is north/south/east/west of that town"), but the manual was misprinted so some questions had the wrong answers. They included a correction sheet which made the protection even more stupid. In some cases, even correct answers to the map questions were accounted as wrong.
Guido the DruidOne of the pre-made characters, which are stored in the temple, is a druid called Guido. In an interview with Guido Henkel on crystals-dsa-foren.de in September 2007, he commented on the subject:
That's a relict, I believe. Of course we had all kinds of standard and test parties during the development and the testing phase of the game. Looks like the one or other character wasn't removed correctly.
IntroIt's an interesting fact that the Orcs in DSA are generally black instead of the usual green as seen in nearly every other fantasy product. But during the intro sequence they are shown also as standard orcs with green skin. That is due to the fact that the intro has been drawn by external graphic artists, who weren't familiar with the DSA world. And because changes would have been too expensive and too complex at that time, Attic used the already drawn intro.
OriginThe three founders of Attic Entertainment Hans-Jürgen Brändle, Jochen Hamma and Guido Henkel used to play the original P&P DSA years before they developed Blade of Destiny. However, only the later director of Attic Entertainment Brändle was a hardcore player in his youth and played in several groups.
Save FunctionRealms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny featured an unusual save function. Anytime the player saved the game outside a temple, all characters lost one experience point (which is not much, but still noticeable in the Schwarzes Auge RPG system). Saving a lot would weaken their characters considerably. That was implemented by the developers on purpose to prevent people from using the save-mode as a cheating device and to immerse the player more into the game's world.
- Amiga Joker
- Issue 02/1993 – #2 Best Game of 1992 (Readers' Vote)
- Issue 02/1993 – Best RPG of 1992 (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- Arhu's Dreamworld (Contains a "Traveller's Guide" that includes a map of the game that shows locations of dungeons, lists of items, deities and their miracles, NPCs, shops and the amount of wares they offer, and a thorough record of all fifty-two towns you can visit.)
- Blade of Destiny Walkthrough (Walkthrough on Games Over)
- DSA - Die Nordlandtrilogie ( mostly german ) (The biggest German fan-page of the Realms of Arkania Trilogy. Contains just about everything you need to about the trilogy. Maps, items, bug lists, patches, tips and tips & tricks, etc... It probably is the most complete database about the trilogy on the web. Unfortunately the the site is in German, but there is some effort at the moment to translate the major parts into English. Already done are the maps. )
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.