The anticipated sequel has arrived, and Baldur's Gate is plagued by evil once more.
- Fast-paced, addictive hack n' slash combat: More than 80 levels of thrilling action spread over four acts.
- Five new customizable characters: Each with distinctive powers, appearances, and abilities that develop throughout the game.
- New, amazingly detailed environments and monsters: With even more explosive spell effects than before.
- A new inventive item creation system : Allows players to forge their own unique magical weapons and armor from raw components.
- Hidden areas, secret characters, and hundreds of items to discover, customize, and use: From enchanted potions and scrolls to wands.
- Sequel to a highly acclaimed title: Winner of the 2002 Console RPG of the Year from the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences.
- Branching story line: Allows the player to choose how he or she wants to the play the game, making each game experience unique.
- Two-player cooperative mode: Allows both players to play the game on a full screen.
Embark on a new adventure and brave terrible dangers in search of fortune, glory, and power. Face a multitude of sinister enemies while traveling through many spectacular environments in this action-packed fantasy game. Rid the lands of chaos, mastering skills, spells, and deadly weapons … the fate of thousands hangs in the balance.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (15628) on Sep 05, 2010.
BALDUR'S GATE: DARK ALLIANCE II SHIPS TO RETAIL
Highly Anticipated Sequel In Stores Now
IRVINE, California, January 22, 2004 - Interplay Entertainment Corp. (OTC Bulletin Board: IPLY) and Vivendi Universal Games (VU Games) announced today that Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II has shipped to retail and is in stores now. The action/role-playing game, created under license from Atari and Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS), is available for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft.
Set in the Forgotten Realms® world, the most popular Dungeons & Dragons® campaign setting, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II uses the 3rd Edition Dungeons & Dragons rules set developed by Wizards of the Coast. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II features more monsters, 80 levels of game play, visually stunning environments, five new customizable player characters to choose from, hidden areas to explore, as well as an item creation system that will allow players to create their own ultimate magical items.
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II is available now with a suggested retail price of $49.99 and an ESRB "Teen" rating. For more information visit the website at bgda2.blackisle.com
Contributed by skl (1138) on Feb 18, 2004.