DescriptionYou play a secret agent on a quest to stop the evil Professor Elvin Atombender, who is believed to be tampering with national security computers. You must penetrate Atombender's stronghold, avoid his deadly robot creations, and acquire various pieces of a password to use in the main control room.
The robots, rooms, and puzzle pieces will be switched around when starting over which provides replay value.
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the BBC Micro release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
Atari 7800 versionOn the Atari 7800, the name of the game can be taken literally. Due to a bug in the program the NTSC release cannot not be completed. Some of the items you need are hidden under terminals that cannot be searched. This was fixed for the PAL release.
References to the gameThe title of the German computer games podcast Stay Forever by former gaming journalists Christian Schmidt and Gunnar Lott is inspired by the synthesized speech "Stay a while...stay forever!" from this game. The voice is also used in the podcast's intro.
SpeechOn the Commodore 64 version. The game is well known for the use of synthesized speech. Electronic Speech Synthesis (the company that developed the sampled speech for the game) used this game as a test sample.
When this sample was a successful game, Electronic Speech Synthesis (ESS) significantly raised their prices. This caused Epyx to never use their services again (although Impossible Mission II uses ESS, Novotrade developed the game, and they were the same sampled speech tracks used in this game).
- Issue #4 - #92 in the "Top 100 Video Games of All-Time" list
- GameStar (Germany)
- Issue 03/2013 – Issue 03/2013 – One of the "Ten Best C64 Games"
- Happy Computer
- Issue 02/1986 - #7 Best Game in 1985 (Readers' Vote)
- Retro Gamer
- October 2004 (Issue #9) – #45 Best Game Of All Time (Readers' Vote)
- Issue 37 - #12 in the "Top 25 Platformers of All Time" poll
Related Web Sites
- Impossible Mission (Site with screenshots of each version, trivia, tips, and the original manual.)
- The End Zone (Dedicated to end of game sequences with the objective of providing the most definitive and complete 'end of game' information ever assembled for the games featured.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.