DescriptionYou are the last living member of your ninja clan after they were brutally slaughtered. Now, you seek to exact revenge on the evil shogun responsible.
The Last Ninja is an action/adventure game set in medieval Japan. The game is shown in isometric view, and the eponymous ninja can walk in four directions, jump, fight the enemies and collect necessary items on his way.
While fighting, the ninja can use several different blows and block. There are a couple of weapons to find, including smoke bombs and shuriken.
- "Ninja Remix" -- Amiga / Atari ST title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the BBC Micro release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|US Release C64?||5||Edwin Drost (427)
Mar 26, 2017
|The Last Ninja Nostalgia Tribute||3||Fabio Barzagli (3)
Aug 19, 2007
Cancelled portThe Last Ninja (or possibly its follow-up) was being ported to the Tandy Color Computer 3, and even mentioned in Tandy's catalogues. The project facing difficulties, Steve Bjork was called in to help before the game was finally canceled. As a recently recovered development version shows, the CoCo port was already at an advanced state when it was scrapped. For information and pictures, refer to Allen Huffman's site.
Delayed portIn 1988, Marc Rosocha had an conversion of Last Ninja ready for Atari ST and Amiga computers. But this was not released until 1990 with Ninja Remix, with featured extended graphics and was completely programmed from scratch.
- Computer and Video Games
- May 1988 (Issue #79) - Golden Joystick 1988 Award: Runner Up category Game of the Year
- Retro Gamer
- September 2004 (Issue #8) – #90 Best Game Of All Time (Readers' Vote)
- ZZAP! 64
- Newsfield Reader's Awards 1987 - Best Arcade Adventure (Readers' Vote)
- Newsfield Reader's Awards 1987 - Best Graphics (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- AtariMania (Pre-release: System 3, UK, Atari ST) (For Atari ST: game entry database; downloadable release; game packaging; advertisement; manuals; magazine reviews; additional material.)
- Commodore 64 Boxed Sets (For C64: game packaging digitalisations. Include box, manual, brochure, additional material.)
- Hall of Light (For Amiga: game database entry; digitalised manuals; game packaging; screenshots; additional material.)
- Lemon 64 (For Commodore 64: game entry database; advertisement; magazine reviews; music; documentation; cover art; additional material.)
- System 3 game site (Game page on developer's website)
- Wikipedia: The Last Ninja (article in the open encyclopedia about the game)