missing cover art
DescriptionMega Man 3 is a traditional side-scrolling platformer: you jump from brick to brick while avoiding pits and shooting robots. It's quite similar, in all respects, to other Mega Man games; however, this is the first time that you get a sidekick. It's also the first time you're allowed to slide instead of merely walking.
Rush is your dog who helps out by offering other modes of transportation when you need it. He starts out with the 'Rush Coil' ability to launch you to the top of the screen like a springboard; later he acquires the 'Rush Jet' ability to turn into a guided, floating platform to carry you wherever you need to go; and he also gets the 'Rush Marine' ability which is a submarine that works just like the jet except underwater and with the added ability to hop around out of the water (you can actually jump while on the jet but the jet continues to hover beneath you whereas you stay inside the submarine). All of these abilities function just like boss weapons.
When you defeat the boss at the end of a level you gain his power - or at least a similar power. You may pause the game at any time and switch to any single power you have. It supplants your regular Arm Cannon with a limited - but superior - ability. The weapon ammo is displayed next to your energy meter. There are eight of these, corresponding to the eight main levels, even though there are twenty-one levels in the entire game.
Enemies will often supply you with both energy and ammo refills. You can also collect Energy Tanks which can only be used once but will entirely restore your health. You start the game with three lives. Other features include Surprise Boxes lying around for you to find. There are infinite continues and a password feature to resume play at the beginning of any level.
There are no BlackBerry screenshots for this game.
There are 22 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "Rockman Complete Works: Rockman 3: Dr. Wily's Time to Die!? " -- Japanese PlayStation title
- "Rockman 3: Dr. Wily's Time to Die!?" -- Japanese title
- "Mega Man III" -- In-game title
- "ロックマン２ Dr.ワイリーの最期!?" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Game Center CX challenge games
- Mega Man / Rockman games
- Mega Man / Rockman series
- Protagonist: Robot
There are no reviews for the BlackBerry release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaRockman 3 marked the appearance of nearly every standard to the Rockman formula: Rush the dog, Rockman's slide, Blues, and the occasional reappearance of old Wily Robots. Just remember though: that's most of the standards. Others like the Teleporter Room (go through eight teleporters and beat all the Wily Robots again) and Rock Buster appeared in Rockman 2 and Rockman 4, respectively.
Related Web Sites
- Howard & Nester do Mega Man 3 -- A regular feature in Nintendo Power magazine, Howard & Nester was a comic strip about two game whizzes who would one-up each other, while disclosing hints and tips, in the settings of various recently-released games for the NES platform. In Volume 21's two-page installment, our heroes defend themselves (and Rush, the robot dog) from evil clone-robots, thanks to the Needleman boss' weapon.
- Mega Man Central -- Information on all Mega Man games, including little known titles such as the PC series and Japan only games.
- OC ReMix Game Profile -- Fan remixes of music from Mega Man 3.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.