Blake Stone: Planet Strike! Ad Blurbs
If you liked Wolfenstein 3D from id Software, you'll love this new space adventure that uses the same 3D technology licensed from id Software itself. Welcome to the 22nd century! The future is here and the ingenious Dr. Goldfire threatens to unleash unspeakable evil on the galaxy. This brilliant bio-scientist has developed an army of military mutants through his ghoulish genetic research. Poised for attack, Goldfire's hideous horde awaits his command to unravel the universe! Only you, as Blake Stone, the galaxy's most invincible agent, have the brains and brawn to kick them out of the cosmos.
Contributed by Jeanne (76599) on Jun 24, 2008.
It's the 22nd century, galactic travel is commonplace, peace is at hand, and the future looks bright. Until Goldfire's plan to unleash an army of military mutants shocks the galaxy. Dr. Goldfire, a brilliant bio-scientist whose morbid research led to incredible genetic improvements in humanoids and aliens, has gone power crazy.
- 20 all-new levels with wildly new designs.
- New wall/environment graphics throughout.
- Cloaked actors that appear out of nowhere.
- All-new alien-like guards (not the same three original guards).
- Real-time Automap (multi-zoom: 2x MAG shows actors)
- Four new bosses.
- A new blaster weapon (anti-plasma cannon, can blast through doors).
- Fission detonator blows security cube to unlock teleport.
- 3 morphing actors (first appear as statues, or other objects).
- New hazards, like barriers and spikes.
- Improved actor intelligence.
- Blastable ammo (you can accidentally destroy ammo packs).
- All new music.
- Bobbing gun effect for realism.
- Darker, more realistic levels (changing light conditions).
- New, more realistic weapon graphics.
Originally released October 28, 1994
Contributed by Xoleras (66891) on Jun 13, 2004.
Only the galaxy's best agent, Blake Stone, has a chance to infiltrate Goldfire's secret fortress on a remote planet, and end the evil before it's too late. Up against absurd odds, and the most hideous genetic creatures and armed personnel ever amassed, it's up to you to help Blake in his most dangerous mission ever, classified: Planet Strike!
Once again, British military agent Blake Stone will find himself in a life or death struggle for the control of humanity's future. After a five year manhunt for the elusive Dr. Goldfire, the search has ended.
The trail has led Blake to the planet Selon, and to the abandoned STAR Institute Training Complex. If the reports are correct, then Dr. Goldfire is alive and has once again created a fiendish army of evil mutants. Blake is going to need all his wits, skill, and the best firepower money can buy to put an end to Goldfire's plans. Blake's mission is clear - he must use all his resources to destroy Dr. Goldfire before he can unleash his new army of mutant creatures on the universe.
These features are all changes, improvements or additions to the features of the original Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold.
The thinking man's 3D adventure!
- Advanced, faster version of the Wolfenstein engine
- 20 danger-packed levels, each with a specific goal
- Realistic, dark, detailed, VGA graphics with lighting effects
- Auto-mapper with multi-zoom modes detects hidden areas
- 24 genetically superior, military mutants and armed personnel
- 10 hazards, including turrets, spikes, SeekerBombs, crushing columns, acid slime, exploding ammo, and more!
- Four bosses, a super boss, plus cloaked and morphing enemies!
- 7 killer weapons, and a plasma cannon that blasts through doors
- Interactive environment, with machines and switches to operate
- Dramatic, heart-racing soundtrack and digital sound effects
Contributed by Demian Katz (2318) on Apr 27, 2004.
If you liked Wolfenstein 3D from id Software, you'll love this new space adventure that uses advanced 3D technology licensed from id Software itself.
Welcome to the 22nd century! The future is here and the ingenious Dr. Goldfire threatens to unleash unspeakable evil on the galaxy. This brilliant bio-scientist has developed an army of military mutants through his ghoulish genetic research. Poised for attack, Goldfire's hideous horde awaits his command to unravel the universe!
Only you, as Blake Stone, the galaxy's most invincible agent, have the brains and brawn to kick them out of the cosmos. Infiltrate Goldfire's secret fortress on a remote planet and battle the most horrific creatures ever to see the light of day.
This mind-bending mission features new mutant-bashing weapons! Blast through doors with your anti-plasma cannon! Fry the freaks with a fission detonator! And stockpile blastable ammo to take out four new bosses and alien-like guards!
But beware! Blake must beef up his brainpower too as he matches wits with the shrewdest enemies ever to prowl the planets. Whether cloaked in disguising haze or masquerading as statues, these fiends have smarts that could sink a lesser Stone! Get ready for orbit as you launch the new galactic mission that will make or break Blake . . . Planet Strike!
PCReview says, "tops the original Wolfenstein in technical implementation and playability."