You're in the space corps now, soldier! Blast your way through wave upon wave of flesh-hungry mutants in Majesco's side-scrolling shooter.
- Take out alien hordes using and machine guns, missile launchers and flame throwers
- Blast through walls and ceilings in search of mutants and additional firepower
- Over 14 different types of enemy to encounter and annihilate
Majesco's alien-wasting adventure sports a distinctly Contra-like feel; if you're a fan of run-and-gun games that are low on plot and high on action, then look no further: BlowOut is every shoot 'em up fans' dream. Loads of slavering alien mutant-type creatures to blast, huge guns to tote, and labyrinthine levels to explore. Heaven.
The alien-annihilating antics begin in earnest when crack commando John 'Dutch' Cane is summoned to the US Marine Space Force Headquarters after reports of an invasion. The station has been overrun by malevolent mutants, or 'Xenomorphs', who are rapidly dispensing with the humans onboard and making themselves at home.
As Dutch, you'll head out on a killing spree, picking off any hostile creatures you set eyes on - and there are plenty roving around the station's many convoluted rooms, chambers and corridors, waiting to pounce. You'll start out armed with Dutch's trusty machinegun, and go on to acquire an increasingly impressive arsenal of weaponry, such as grenade launchers, flamethrowers, nail guns and missile launchers. Explore ten different locations within the station, and wipe out the multitude of mutants before they locate the control centre and start wreaking havoc on colonised space.
Contributed by DreinIX (9422) on Apr 03, 2008.
Blast through 10 levels of side-scrolling action in this budget title overflowing with gooey aliens and heavy weapons.Features
- Classic 2D shoot-em' up action with detailed 3D graphics
- Automatic map feature aids in exploring the labyrinth of corridors
- Arsenal includes machine gun, shotgun, flamethrower, plasma rifle and nail gun
- Collect items to power-up weapons and increase attributes, including health and speed.
Contributed by Evil Ryu (54193) on Mar 20, 2007.