DescriptionBounty Bay Online is a MMORPG playing during the Age of Pirates (14th – 16th century). The player starts with a small ship in the Mediterranean Sea and can choose between one or all of the five professions (warrior, merchant, explorer, craftsman, pirate).
With all actions the player earns experience points for the used skills, which will influence the characters abilities and statistics. Beside the „normal“ human character there are also skills for the used ship and a tamed pet. The ship is very important during the game. It is used for the travel between the ports and the adventure islands, but there are also sea battle against pirates or trading ships. The ship can be upgraded to a stronger class or altered to another ship class (e.g. change a war ship to a trade ship).
The player is able to found a guild, to fight against other guilds and to conquer one or more ports within the world. The playable world is based on the world known in the 16th century.
More facts about the game:
- More than one hundred historically accurate ship classes.
- Over 60 historic towns and ports, each with the corresponding architecture of that era and region.
- Find hidden pirate nests, but beware: The nests are well defended.
- Dynamic and static quests
- Player vs. Player (PvP) System.
- Create groups and guilds to play together and to defend yourself against stronger opponents.
- Lost cultures, old cities and sunken treasure are waiting for a brave explorer.
- Fight monsters and creatures from the real world, from the past and from different mythologies.
- Sink or board enemy ships or trading vessels.
- Different titles in categories such as sea battle, fighting, but also for trading and farming
- Individualize your ship by coloring sails and the hull
- "Bounty Bay Online: Piraten, Händler und Entdecker" -- German title
- "BBO" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|Game Captain||Mar 25, 2007||79 out of 100||79|
|GameStar (Germany)||Feb, 2008||72 out of 100||72|
|PC Games (Germany)||Apr 20, 2007||72 out of 100||72|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Dec 11, 2008||14 out of 20||70|
|GameStar||Apr 10, 2007||69 out of 100||69|
|PC Zone||Sep 16, 2007||6.5 out of 10||65|
|4Players.de||Apr 10, 2007||61 out of 100||61|
|PC Powerplay||Apr, 2007||54 out of 100||54|
|YouGamers||Jan 18, 2008||51 out of 100||51|
|Total PC Gaming||Sep 14, 2007||2 out of 10||20|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Official product page of publisher Frogster (GER/UK) (Description, screenshots, press quotes, awards at the product page of Co-Publisher Frogster.)
- Offiicial game website (German/French/English) (Offiicial game website (German/French/English))