DescriptionLong ago in the days of darkness and magic, a young wanderer comes face to face with his destiny. You control the fate of Ryu, a young warrior and descendant of the Light Dragon Clan. Together, with your mystical friend, Nina, you must search for magic spells and mysterious secrets. Along the way, gain experience and skill as you battle against strange monsters. Uncover valuable secrets that will help you on your adventure and unlock the secrets of the Dragon Clan.
- "龙战士" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "ブレスオブファイア～竜の戦士～" -- Japanese spelling
- "Long Zhanshi" -- Chinese title
- "Breath of Fire - Ryuu no Senshi" -- Japanese title
- "Breath of Fire I" -- Common informal title
- "BoF" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- Breath of Fire series
- Gameplay feature: Day / Night cycle
- Gameplay feature: Fishing
- Gameplay feature: Hunting
- Gameplay feature: Multiple endings
- Physical Bonus Content: World Map
|An overlooked original and epic RPG.||Game Boy Advance||Bregalad (963)|
|Old Skool Is In Session||SNES||MasterMegid (902)|
|Fun - if at times frustrating - fantasy ride||Game Boy Advance||WWWWolf (454)|
|Not too bad, overall...||SNES||LepricahnsGold (128124)|
|Gamestyle||Game Boy Advance||2001||9 out of 10||90|
|Game Over Online||Game Boy Advance||Mar 20, 2002||85 out of 100||85|
|Officiel Nintendo Magazine||Game Boy Advance||May, 2002||8 out of 10||80|
|Total! (Germany)||SNES||Sep, 1994||2 out of 6||80|
|GameSpot||Game Boy Advance||Jan 08, 2002||7.7 out of 10||77|
|Advance||Game Boy Advance||May, 2002||76 out of 100||76|
|All Game Guide||SNES||1998||70|
|Gaming Age||Game Boy Advance||Jan 29, 2002||B-||67|
|GamesAreFun.com (GAF)||Game Boy Advance||Apr 28, 2003||5 out of 10||50|
|The Video Game Critic||Game Boy Advance||Jun 14, 2007||C||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- By talking to the boy who thinks he is a magician in the town of Bleak, Chun Li from Street Fighter can make a small cameo in the game. Chun-Li will also make an appearance during the ending credits if the player has the BrokenSD equipped and beats the final boss in the Agni dragon form.
- Arthur from Ghosts 'N Goblins makes a cameo in several portraits in the game.
- Quite early on in the game you will find a town called Romero. This town is overrun with zombies during the night. The name Romero is a homage to George A. Romero who created the cult zombie movie Night of the Living Dead as well as its three sequels Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead and Land of the Dead.
Related Web Sites
- OC ReMix Game Profile (Fan remixes of music from Breath of Fire.)
Game Boy Advance Credits