DescriptionAmateur Surgeon: Christmas Edition is a short, Christmas-themed sequel to Amateur Surgeon.
The game takes place ten years after the events of the original game. Alan Probe, the player's alter ego, is now a successful surgeon, is married and has 2 kids. He is also still a moron though. When flying home with his airplane on Christmas Eve, he smashes into Santa Claus' sled. The plane crash-lands in a grotto and Alan survives unharmed, unlike a little elf who is impaled on a Christmas tree, a reindeer that was sucked into his jet engines or Santa, whose whereabouts are now unknown. Alan, who is controlled by the player, will have to perform surgery on them.
The gameplay is pretty much the same as in the first game: a patient will have to be cut open, some objects not belonging in a human (or animal) body will have to be removed, and all open wounds will have to be sealed. There is one exception however; Mincer will have to be completely reconstructed, using creative replacements for missing body parts.
As in the previous game, Alan is a master in developing improvised tools, which are all controlled using the mouse:
- Carving Knife - Making incisions and cutting out objects buried under the skin.
- Grabber Arm - Moving loose object around, pulling objects from skin.
- Flamethrower - Sealing wounds by burning them shut, killing nasty creatures.
- Pixie Dust - Healing closed wounds, burns, scars and other injuries.
- Sellotape - Holding closed wounds that are open so they can be sealed.
- Leaf Blower - Sucking up liquids that are present on surface of the skin. Putting out fires.
- Bonesaw 3,000 - Chainsawing out organs, slicing through bones and causing carnage.
- Power Drill - Combined with the Pixie Dust is used to give patient injections.
- Tazer - Restarting the patient's heart, killing nasty creatures.
- Etchy Sketchy - Scanning the body to find objects under the skin.
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Amateur Surgeon: Christmas Edition -- Play the game in a browser.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.