Dragon Age: Legends Ad Blurbs (Browser - Facebook)
Advertising BlurbsDragon Age Legends Blog:
The Future of Dragon Age Legends: Server shut down 6/18/2012Friday, May 18, 2012 at 4:15PM
Sad news to report today: On June 18, 2012 we’ll be turning off the Dragon Age Legends servers. This is by no means a reflection on the quality of the game; the awesome team who created it; or the incredible, passionate community who has supported it. The unfortunate reality is that DAL doesn’t make enough revenue to sustain itself.
While it’s never fun to say goodbye, consider it only temporary. We’re also hard at work on our next core social projects, and we promise you they will be even more epic than anything we’ve done before. We hope you’ll join us again when they launch.
So what does this news mean for DAL players?
- E-commerce will be turned off on May 18, 2012. At that point, you will no longer be able to purchase crowns.
- On May 18, 2012, we’ll begin a massive fire sale on ALL items in the store. If you still have a stockpile of crowns left over, this is the time to spend them.
- The game servers will be turned off on June 18, 2012. You will no longer be able to access DAL on Facebook or Google+ after that date.
- We’ve started a customer appreciation program for any current DAL players who check out Age of Champions, a fantasy RPG from BioWare Social’s Sacramento studio. If you’ve played Dragon Age on Facebook in the last three months, you’ll an exclusive promo pack -- featuring a DAL-inspired Champion weapon, a Viscount Ravi army unit, in-game currency, and an exclusive medal for your profile page -- in Age of Champions [http://www.ageofchampions.com/].
- Any remaining crown balance after June 18, 2012 will not be transferable to future BioWare Social products.
- As a “Thank You” to our community, we will offer a free, downloadable version of Dragon Age Legends that will be available at www.dragonagelegends.com shortly after the current version of the game shuts down; this will allow you to continue your journey in Dragon Age Legends as a solo player.
We’ll see you all again soon in new and different worlds!
Contributed by Jeanne (75349) on May 25, 2012.