Forums > Game Forums > Evony: Age I > Fascinating

Indra was here (20756) on 2/15/2011 2:27 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I blame a particular Belgian bagel for having a trivia section in Plants vs. Zombie that linked to this game...and all hell broke loose. Holy babuska's, batman. I've never seen so much negative content about a game on the net. Hell, George Bush Jr. is a saint compared to this. It's going to take a few days just read all this yummy whining.

...and how come no one mentioned this before? Not entirely sure why their whining about advertising, but then again, my IQ drops significantly low when I hear the word boobie, much less have pictures of them. Er. :p

I'm still trying to figure out who the hell is supposed to be the publisher of this game. Confusing.

[edit] Holy sheed. And just when you thought that publishers and pirates were bad....egad. Man, this is the gaming antichrist.

vedder (70767) on 2/15/2011 8:12 AM · Permalink · Report

There is no "publisher". Some dudes made a game and they put it on a website. The closest thing to publishing is the dudes themselves putting it on the website. Well that and sending adds to pretty much every web-add-agency in existence and buying ALL on-line ad-space for for the year 2010.

Anyway I had to play it for a couple days for research (to get an idea of their game and marketing mechanics). It's not as bad as Facebook games, as at least there's some competition involved, but yes - it's still the Antichrist of gaming.

Indra was here (20756) on 2/15/2011 9:12 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Not entire sure which company is which any more. More than half on the info on the net is polluted by post wars from pro-and-anti Evony...most of which apparently is fabrication.

Evony, LLC. owns trademarks to Evony, but all contracts in existence between the game site and the users refer to a Regan Mercantile, LLC. who apparently run the game...which under MG means that they're a...uhm...er...anyway, depending on the net source, it's a company registered either in New York, Delaware, Hong Kong, or the Romulan homeworld.

Other companies mentioned in this boring conspiracy have vanished into thin air. Despite all that, it still has 800,000 visitors per month. Not surprisingly, all Yanks. :p

Nevermind. After reading all that nasty material I could get my hands on, I think I'm going to shoot something now. Haven't been this mortified since that Edge idiocy. Someone remind me in the future never to research online games. Ever. :p

leilei (343) on 2/15/2011 1:30 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

You're late on this infamous silly chinese web based civilization wannabe (which even stole AoE graphics) that was all the lol in 2009!?!

I thought you were on top of everything! For shame! Or should I say.... my Lord!!! (\ Y /)

though yeah the company is one reclusive folk... The Hong Kong location is the most likely of the origin