DescriptionPopcorn is a Breakout-style game. The goal is to destroy bricks with a ball that bounces off a paddle the player controls. The layout of the bricks is different in each level. Some bricks are indestructible, forming areas that can "trap" your ball or force it to bounce off in a sharp movement, making it more difficult to hit it with the paddle. Other bricks take several hits to break. There are also enemies which float around the bricks and will deliberately redirect the ball. The player has a certain amount of lives; each time the player lets the ball fall off the screen, a life is lost.
There is a variety of upgrades (letters that fall down when the player breaks certain bricks) to use in this game. Those upgrades are:
- E - The paddle is extended
- L - The paddle can shoot lasers at bricks and enemies
- C - Glue is poured over the paddle, allowing the player to catch it
- T - A ball will split into three. This happens even if you already have three balls onscreen.
- V - The player gains an extra life
- S - The ball slows down
- M - All the enemies stop their movement
- F - A floor appears that prevents the ball from falling off the screen
- I - The ball impacts an invisible wall, sending it into the opposite direction
- + - The player is immediately transported to the next level
- R - Any power-ups the player has are removed.
There are no promo images for this game
- "PopCorn 1988" -- Ludoïd release title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
CompilationPopcorn was included on the game disc of Twinsen's Odyssey as a hidden bonus.
Related Web Sites
- PopCorn 1988 (Ludoïd's 2013 remake.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.