DescriptionSilent Conversation tells classic stories, poems and haiku in an interactive way, inspired by Walter Savage Landor's motto What is reading but silent conversation?. They are presented as levels where the player controls a small line (similar to a text prompt) to go through the winding words. When hovering over them, the colour changes to indicate they have been "read", similar to the lyrics on a karaoke machine. Through the level design, the designer offers an interpretation of the story, repeating certain words in the background, letting them fly by (a storm) or causing the line to drop (Alice falling down the rabbit hole for instance). The line is able to jump to cross certain sections, offering platforms elements.
There are also a number of powerful words, marked in red. These cast off a floating version of themselves the line cannot touch, or a certain section of the level needs to be reread. They can be deactivated by moving over the original form. Other elements in the interface show the grade based on the player's performance and the level progress. Next to the main Completion mode where new levels can unlocked, there are separate game modes called Speed Completion and Race.
The included works are:
- XXII - William Carlos Williams
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Chapter 1) - Lewis Carroll
- Buffalo Bill's - E. E. Cummings
- If there is a Man - Kobayashi Issa
- Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock, The - T. S. Eliot
- Nameless City, The (three parts) - H. P. Lovecraft
- There is an Old Pond - Matsuo Bashou
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
- Inspiration: Author - H. P. Lovecraft
- Inspiration: Literature
- TIGSource Adult / Edutainment competition
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Silent Conversation (Play the game in a browser.)