DescriptionWarfare 1917 is a defense/real-time strategy war game set in the period of the first World War. The player can choose to play as either the British Army and advance into German territory or play as the German Army and drive the British back from their home country. The goal of each stage is simple, destroy enemy units and gain ground from them. The stage is over unit either side occupies the other or the morale is low enough to that force to surrender. Once the stage is over and the player loses, he or she can restart that level. Players can track how much ground and morale is left at the top of the screen. The top bar shows how much ground has been gained while the bar below it shows how much morale is left for their side.
Each army has six units:
- Rifleman:: good at entrenched warfare, but is vulnerable on the open field.
- Assault:: a commando type unit that can easily assault entrenched soldiers.
- Machine Gunners: better suited for entrenched warfare, but are highly vulnerable in open attacks.
- Sniper: best used long range against single units.
- Officer: adds morale to the unit and can inflict twice as much damage to enemy units.
- Tank: heavily armored and are not easily destroyed.
There is also a custom Skirmish mode, where a player can choose which side they want to play, the difficulty setting including which units and support items are available. They can also choose how many trenches, land mines and razor wire is placed on the battlefield as well as how big the map is.
During the battles, players can choose which unit type they want to create, afterwards the player has to wait until a time period has elapsed to create another unit, likewise with the support. However, once a player chooses which unit they want, they cannot choose another unit until their allotted time has passed, (i.e.: Assault teams take longer time to prepare then a Rifleman squad, so if a player picks a squad of Rifleman, the Assault team's time also resets, but will take longer to regenerate then the Riflemen).
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Armor Games - Warfare 1917 (Game homepage)
- Warfare 1917 @ ArcadePoint.net (Play the game through your web browser.)