DescriptionWe The Giants is an experimental, MMO platform game. Each player is a "giant" - a creature which resembles a black rectangle with a single eye. A giant can walk left and right and jump (though not too high), and by pressing Shift the player can zoom out to see a view of the entire level. In the beginning of the game, the player is instructed by a couple of fellow giants, who teach him the basics of the game - including "the ritual of sacrifice".
The goal of the main game is to reach a yellow star which is high up in the sky. But the ground is completely flat, there aren't any hills or floating platforms or anything like that. That's where the "sacrifice" feature comes in play: the player can, at any time, choose to kill himself. When he does so, his corpse becomes a stepping block for other players around the world to climb on. When numerous players sacrifice themselves in appropriate places, the result will be a large staircase of corpses with which one would be able to reach the star.
However, once a player sacrifices himself, the game is permanently over for him. He can no longer play, and can just observe the game world to see how the experiment is going. During sacrifice, the player can type a message (140 words max); the messages typed by all the players are automatically sent to three Twitter accounts.
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- auntie pixelante: we the giants (A post about the game on Anna Anthropy's blog. )
- The Gifted Introvert: We The Giants (The author's blog entry about the game. )
- twitter/wethegiants (One of the three Twitter accounts with the players' messages. )
- twitter/wethegiantsalso (The third of the three Twitter accounts with the players' messages. )
- twitter/wethegiantstoo (Another of the three Twitter accounts with the players' messages. )
- We The Giants (Play the game. )