DescriptionBurnout Paradise is the first installment in the long-running series, well known for its extreme 60-frames-per-second speed and crash-oriented carnage, to appear on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
This title does away with menus to create a seamless integration of event gameplay and online interaction. Rather than dividing races into different sections, the player can fully explore Paradise City as an open world, where every junction is an opportunity to start an event. Just pull up at the traffic lights and rev the engine to start an event. The same applies to the Showtime mode (formerly Crash mode). The preset junctions and traffic are no longer present and the player can now crash at any location in the world, by activating the Showtime mode. It can also be used in regular modes, as well as online games. The main game mode has the player earn credit to unlock new licenses and cars. The five main event types are:
- Race: the first one to reach the finish wins.
- Road Rage: perform a number of takedowns before time runs out.
- Marked Man: race for a location and survive the attacks from another car that tries to take you down.
- Stunt Run: use stunt moves to reach a target score.
- Burning Route: a unique route for each car in the game.
The game supports mugshots with support for a camera. When a player is taken down, both players have their photo taken, exchanged and saved on the hard drive. There are also camera-less persons or an avatar can be used.
There are no screenshots for this game
- "Burnout 5" -- Informal title
Part of the Following Groups
- Burnout series
- Games with dynamic advertisements
- Genre: Open world driving
- Graphics Engine: RenderWare
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|MS Xbox World||Xbox 360||Feb 02, 2008||9.5 out of 10||95|
|USA Today||PlayStation 3||Jan 31, 2008||90|
|Gameplanet||Xbox 360||Feb 13, 2008||90|
|UOL Jogos||PlayStation 3||Feb 01, 2008||90|
|GameSpy||PlayStation 3||Jan 18, 2008||90|
|Gamernode||PlayStation 3||Jan 22, 2008||9 out of 10||90|
|Armchair Empire, The||Xbox 360||Feb 18, 2008||9 out of 10||90|
|Video Games Daily||PlayStation 3||Jan 27, 2008||9 out of 10||90|
|Gaming since 198x||Xbox 360||Jun 05, 2009||4 out of 5||80|
|V2.fi||PlayStation 3||Feb 12, 2008||73 out of 100||73|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Cover artIn January 2008 game site Joystiq posted an article claiming that the cover art of Burnout Paradise is remarkably similar to the cover art of the album Unsolved by indie rock band Karate. Electronic Arts issued a statement that the similarities are pure coincidence. The comparison can be found in the related links section.
SalesEarly April 2008 development studio Criterion Studios announced more than a million copies of the game had been sold worldwide.
- 2008 – #9 Xbox 360 Game of the Year
- 2008 – #10 PS3 Game of the Year
- 2008 – #10 Multiplayer Game of the Year
- 2008 – Xbox 360 Racing Game of the Year
- 2008 – PS3 Racing Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Burnout Paradise -- Official game website
- Burnout Paradise art style inspired by rock album? -- A comparison of the cover art, on Joystiq
- PS3trophies.org -- Trophy guide for Burnout Paradise
- Wikipedia: Burnout Paradise -- Article in the open encyclopedia
- X360A achievement guide for Burnout Paradise -- X360A's achievement guide for Burnout Paradise
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.