On 1st November 2007, EA closed their servers for multiplayer games, for the Xbox and PS2 versions.
Savegames from other games
- If a savegame from Madden NFL 06 is detected on the hard disk or memory card, a hidden Madden Challenge Van is unlocked.
- If a savegame from Burnout 3: Takedown is detected on the hard disk or memory card, a hidden car is unlocked.
The full soundtrack includes the following songs:
- Andy Hunter - Come On
- Animal Alpha - Bundy
- Apocalyptica - Life Burns!
- Asian Dub Foundation - Flyover
- Avenged - Sevenfold Beast...
- Billy Talent - Red Flag
- Bloc Party - Helicopter
- Bullet For My Valentine - Hand Of Blood
- The Chemical Brothers - The Big Jump
- CKY - As The Tables Turn
- Comeback Kid - Wake The Dead
- The Dead 60s - Riot Radio
- Dogs - Tuned to a Different Station
- The Doors - Break On Through (To The Other Side) BT vs. The Doors Remix
- Emanuel - The Hey Man!
- Fall Out Boy - Dance, Dance
- Finch - Ink
- Funeral For A Friend - All The Rage
- Goldfinger - I Want
- Infusion - Better World (Adam Freeland Mix)
- Junkie XL - Today
- LCD Soundsystem - Daft Punk is Playing at My House (Soulwax Shibuya Mix)
- Maximo Park - Apply Some Pressure
- Mindless Self Indulgence - Straight To Video (KMFDM Remix)
- Morningwood - Nu Rock
- MxPx - Heard That Sound
- Nine Black Alps - Shot Down
- OK Go - Do What You Want
- Pennywise - Stand Up
- The Academy Is... - Almost Here
- The All-American Rejects - Top Of The World
- The Black Velvets - Fear And Loathing
- The Bravery - An Honest Mistake (Superdiscount Remix)
- The Outline - Shotgun
- The Starting Line - The World
- Thrice - Lullaby
- Timo Maas - First Day (General Midi Remix)
- Tsar - Band-Girls-Money
- Unwritten Law - F.I.G.H.T.
- We Are Scientists - The Great Escape
- Yellowcard - Lights And Sounds
During development, a contest called Burnout Bandslam
was launched, a European-wide music competition for a place on the videogame soundtrack of a future Burnout game. Unsigned bands could upload their tracks to a website
. Four bands per country were chosen to perform at Hard Rock Cafés in Barcelona, Berlin, Paris and Manchester, and had a chance to win a Gibson Guitar prize package. The four regional finalists then joined the European final at the Hard Rock Café in Barcelona on 5th October 2005 where the winner was offered a session in a recording studio.
Information also contributed by
- 2005 – #6 PS2 Game of the Year
- 2005 – PS2 Racing Game of the Year
- 2006 – #5 Xbox 360 Game of the Year
- 2006 – Xbox 360 Racing Game of the Year