DescriptionBureaucracy is a text adventure game that describes the misadventures of a person who has recently moved to a new apartment and begins to fall victim to various bureaucratic procedures that always go wrong. He can't receive his mail, access his bank account, or generally lead a normal life; all his activities are impeded by needless and confusing hurdles. In order to retrieve the lost mail and put his life back on track, the protagonist will have to meet exotic characters and perform various tasks while being constantly threatened by various bureaucratic occurrences.
The gameplay involves typing commands composed out of verb and object combinations, used to interact with the game world and solve puzzles. In addition, a special "blood pressure" meter will gradually fill itself the more the protagonist is bothered by bureaucratic annoyances. Once this meter is completely full, the player character suffers an aneurysm, and the game ends.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Bureaucracy - A Paranoid Fantasy" -- Tag-lined title
There are no reviews for the Commodore 128 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Zzap!||Jul, 1987||90 out of 100||90|
|Your Commodore||Aug, 1987||27 out of 30||90|
|Commodore User||Jul, 1987||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
69,105Infocom's famous 69,105 number is used in this game to refer to a ticket number and an internal error.
CoverUnlike the other Infocom grey-box releases, which featured positive comments from publications and players on the inside box flap, Bureaucracy (in the spirit of the game's content) reprints some of the complaints Infocom received.
ExtrasAccording to the Infocom Home Page, the game package contained "You're ready to move!" bank brochure, a letter from your new boss, a membership flyer for "Popular Paranoia", a red pencil, and a Beezer card application form (in triplicate).
Information also contributed by Sciere and Ye Olde Infocomme Shoppe
Related Web Sites
- Infocom Home Page (Fan site that is the last word about all things Infocom.)
- Let's play Douglas Adams' Bureaucracy. [Your blood pressure just went up.] (A playthrough of the game with commentary, originally from the Something Awful forums. )
- Solution to Bureaucracy (by Erik Futtrup, Denmark and Twan Lintermans, Holland )
- The Commodore Zone (All about the game with introduction, images, related links and comments area.)
- The Infocom Gallery (High-quality scans of the grey box package and manual of Bureaucracy.)