DescriptionThe late martial arts hero features in this platform game, with the aim of reaching a wizard in an underground lair, defeat of whom can offer him untold wealth.
In each area you must collect the many strategically-placed lanterns before exiting through the newly-revealed passageway. Some rooms also have escalator-type sections to run along, and the standard (although slightly illogical in this context) ladders.
On the way, you'll fight two enemies - a ninja and a green sumo warrior named Yamo. You can defeat them by punching, kicking, dropping on their heads or luring them into hazardous terrain, or even by making them accidentally hit each other. Even after they are killed, however, they keep coming back for more after a few seconds. Since they can move pretty intelligently (they even climb ladders), you should watch out for them.
There are lots of hazards to avoid by either walking round or jumping - walls of electrical charge and exploding bushes for example.
Part of the Following Groups
|One of the great platformers of the era||James Hofmann (13)|
|Pretty fun kung-fu action game||OlSkool_Gamer (99)|
|Pixel-Heroes.de||Sep, 2006||10 out of 10||100|
|Zzap!||Aug, 1988||92 out of 100||92|
|Commodore User||Jun, 1988||8 out of 10||80|
|Commodore User||Jan, 1985||80|
|Your Commodore||Dec, 1990||75 out of 100||75|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Commodore Format
- January 1991 (Issue 4) - Listed in the 'A to Z of Classic Games' article (Great)
- Retro Gamer
- issue 37 – #18 in the "Top 25 Platformers of All Time" poll
- May 1985 (Issue 1) - #15 'It's the Zzap! 64 Top 64!'
Related Web Sites
- Game Map (Direct access and downloadable archive)
- Mark Rosten's Bruce Lee Remake (written in Blitz Basic for Windows.)
- The End Zone (Dedicated to end of game sequences with the objective of providing the most definitive and complete 'end of game' information ever assembled for the games featured. Includes video streaming of Bruce Lee from start to finish.)