Champions of Krynn (Commodore 64)

3.4
Written by  :  OlSkool_Gamer (99)
Written on  :  Jan 06, 2004
Platform  :  Commodore 64
read more reviews by OlSkool_Gamer

Summary

"Welcome to the world of Dragon Lance" -Raistlin Majere

The Good

Everything about this game is good. It was the first of the Dragon Lance series from the SSI Goldbox Sets and it was given a warm welcome by me and my AD&D gaming buddies.

First off, there are two moons that orbit the world of Kyrnn. Depending on how the moons are place in the sky, it effects your mages and magic. Also there is a new currency in Krynn, steel. Any new little changes can be a good one.

Basically this game is very similar to the Forgotten Realms series except for the little differences between the two worlds. The game's gameplay and interface are almost identical to the other SSI Goldbox games. Champions of Kyrnn is challenging enough to keep you busy for a long time. Had a high replay value to it as well. Another cool addition is the new race native to Kyrnn, Kender.

The Bad

Nothing really! I enjoyed the game from start to finish.

The Bottom Line

I felt satisfied after buying it and winning the game. I played it over at least 3 times. Definitely worth a try for SSI Goldbox AD&D game lovers.