1001 Video Games
The Arcade version of Ghosts 'n Goblins
appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die
by General Editor Tony Mott.
Atari ST MIDI music
The Atari ST version has a special trick. The developers programmed the MIDI interface to play the game music. If you hook a MIDI synthesizer to the ST, the game music will play over your MIDI device.
Commodore 16 version
The C16 port is even shorter than the C64 version, as it features only the two first levels, with simplified gameplay (one weapon, less enemy types). There's no music and no title screen picture.
The Spectrum version does not load on Spanish +2A or +3 models, as their ROM mapping is slightly different from the UK models. An unofficial patch is available however.
- Commodore Force
- December 1993 (Issue 13) – #68 “Readers' Top 100”
- Commodore Format
- March 1991 (Issue 6) - listed in the A to Z of Classic Games article (Great)
- Happy Computer
- 1986 - Runner-up as Action Game of the Year
- Issue 04/1987 - #5 Best Game in 1986 (Readers' Vote)
- Retro Gamer
- October 2004 (Issue #9) – #39 Best Game Of All Time (Readers' Vote)
- January 1990 (Issue 57) – 'The Best Games of the 80's Decade' (Phil King)