DescriptionThree years have passed since Arthur defeated the Demon King Astaroth and rescued his beloved Princess Prin-Prin (see Ghosts 'N Goblins). A new villain, the Great Demon King Lucifer (Loki in some versions) has become the new leader of Ghoul Realm. While returning from a journey, Arthur sees the Princess' castle and her village under attack by Lucifer's forces. While rushing towards her beloved knight, the Princess is struck by one of Lucifer's laser beams.
Now, Arthur must venture back to the Lucifer's palace and destroy the demon in order to rescue the Princess' soul and bring her back to life! And it won't matter whether he fights in his shining armor or in his underwear alone...the bravest Knight in the land isn't going to be stopped by some monsters! Although the game starts with graveyard and marsh territory familiar from the first game, later levels are set in a tower, a mass of skeletons, and a castle.
Players progress from left to right (from bottom to top in level 3), and have to hack down the aforementioned monsters with a sword. The journey includes ledges, ladders, lava pits and slippery slopes. Different weapons can be collected, by finding suits of armor inside chests. Each of the five stages has its own setting and a final boss.
- "大魔界村" -- Japanese spelling
- "Ghouls 'N' Ghosts" -- European Commodore 64 + Amiga title on box
- "Daimakaimura" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Commodore 64 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|Zzap!||Jan, 1990||96 out of 100||96|
|Your Commodore||Jan, 1991||91 out of 100||91|
|Commodore Format||Apr, 1992||91 out of 100||91|
|Your Commodore||Mar, 1990||75 out of 100||75|
|ACE (Advanced Computer Entertainment)||Feb, 1990||730 out of 1000||73|
|Pixel-Heroes.de||Jan, 2004||7 out of 10||70|
|Power Play||Feb, 1990||64 out of 100||64|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesThe Arcade version of Ghouls 'n Ghosts appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
- Electronic Gaming Monthly
- November 1989 (Issue 4) - Game of the Month (Genesis version)
- December 1989 (Issue 5) - Best Genesis Game of the Year
- December 1989 (Issue 5) - Best Graphics in a Video Game (Genesis version)
- December 1989 (Issue 5) - Best Sequel to an Existing Game (tied with Mega Man 2)
- December 1989 (Issue 5) - Coolest Boss Attackers (tied with The Legendary Axe)
- December 1989 (Issue 5) - Worst Stomach Problem in a Game (for projectile vomiting animation)
- Game Informer
- August 2001 (Issue #100) - #67 in the "Top 100 Games of All Time" poll