DescriptionJumpman is a bomb disposal expert. He is called on to save the Jupiter headquarters after the evil Alienators invade it and booby-trap its 30 levels.
In this early platform game, the titular hero must find his way around each screen, collecting every bomb. There are platforms and ladders to use, and a jet booster to propel you up the screen. However there are also enemies to avoid, and Jumpman must be careful not to fall too far.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
|tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick||*Katakis* (38210)||unrated|
|The Video Game Critic||Feb 13, 2013||A||100|
|Your Commodore||Apr, 1985||100|
|64'er||Jul, 1986||12 out of 15||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Source codeSometimes the developers forget to format their floppies before building a production master. Here's a tidbit of source code found on the original program disk:
CSEG SEGMENT ASSUME CS:CSEG,DS:CSEG,ES:CSEG INCLUDE J:JUMPTBLE.ASM ORG 9300H LEVEL_NUM DB '05' SCREEN_DRW DW SCR_TABLE TARGET_LIST DW TAR_LIST JUMPMAN_AREA DW JMA JMC1 DW FJM1 JMC2 DW FJM2 NUM_TARGETS DB 14 NUM_BULLETS DB 0 BONUS_VALUE DB '15' PRE_PLAY: JMP INITS PLAY: JMP STARTS POST_PLAY: JMP DONES PLAYER_LIST DW PLAYERS START_POS DW 152,94 BULLET_LIST DW 0 SCR_TABLE: DW 128,12,1,136,10,2,152,8,2,168,10,2,184,12,1,8,32,3,56,32,5 DW 96,34,1,104,36,1,112,38,1,120,40,1,128,42,1,136,44,1,144,46,1 DW 152,48,2,168,46,1,176,44,1,184,42,1,192,40,1,200,38,1,208,36,1 DW 216,34,1,224,32,5,288,32,3,8,64,3,32,66,1,40,68,1,48,70,1 DW 56,72,6,136,72,6,216,72,6,264,70,1,272,68,1,280,66,1,288,64,3 DW 24,104,10,136,104,6,216,104,10,16,136,9,120,136,10,232,136,9 DW 8,176,8,104,176,2,120,174,1,128,172,1,136,170,1,144,168,4 DW 176,170,1,184,172,1,192,174,1,200,176,2,248,176,8,0FFFFH DW 72,24,10,232,24,10,32,96,10,152,96,9,272,96,10,0FFFFH DW 0FFFFH,8,28,3,308,28,3,0FFFFH
Related Web Sites
- Jumpman (Site shows Jumpman across different platforms, with a timeline. Screenshots of different versions are placed together for comparison.)
- The Epyx shrine (Read interviews about Jumpman with Randy Glover & Jake Richter, learn all about different Jumpman versions, join the Jumpman Hiscore competition and find a complete 30 level strategy guide to master the game!)
- The Epyx Shrine (Read interviews about Jumpman with Randy Glover & Jake Richter, learn about all different Jumpman versions, join the Jumpman Hiscore competition and find a complete 30 level strategy guide to master the game!)
- The Jumpman Lounge (Find information and files related to all of the Jumpman games.)
- The jumpman project (Project to port the bootable IBM PC game to a DOS program. )
- The Jumpman Story (Coalition to save Jumpman)