DescriptionParadroid is a top view shoot-em-up set aboard eight large space freighters filled with droids. After going through a storm in space, the rays affected the droids and they malfunctioned and killed the crew.
You now have to destroy all the droids on the fleet of eight ships. You control an "Influence Device" which can temporarily control other droids and use their weapons to destroy the others. When your power is low or your damage is high, you will need to transfer to another droid or risk losing your Influence Device.
- "Heavy Metal Paradroid" -- Re-release title
Part of the Following Groups
|Transfer away, friend||*Katakis* (37850)|
The Press Says
|Zzap!||Nov, 1985||97 out of 100||97|
|Happy Computer||1986||93 out of 100||93|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Nov, 1985||9 out of 10||90|
|64'er||Feb, 1986||13 out of 15||87|
|Power Play||May, 1989||85 out of 100||85|
|Retrogaming History||Nov 27, 2009||8.5 out of 10||85|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Dec, 1988||9.2 out of 12||77|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Apr, 1986||7.5 out of 10||75|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesThe Commodore 64 version of Paradroid appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Heavy Metal ParadroidIn the re-release Heavy Metal Paradroid, the playing speed was increased and the scenery slightly darker.
TitleAccording to Andrew Braybrook, the game's name is "a play on "PARAnoid anDROID" – everyone's out to get you."
- Commodore Force
- December 1993 (Issue 13) – #92 “Readers' Top 100”
- Commodore Format
- April 1991 (Issue 7) - listed in the A to Z of Classic Games article (Great)
- January 1992 (Issue 16) - Cf's all time Top Ten Essential Mega Games
- GameStar (Germany)
- Issue 03/2013 – One of the "Ten Best C64 Games“
- Happy Computer
- 1986 - Runner-up as Action Game of the Year
- Issue 04/1987 - #9 Best Game in 1986 (Readers' Vote)
- Retro Gamer
- October 2004 (Issue #9) – #23 Best Game Of All Time (Readers' Vote)
- January 1990 (Issue 57) – 'The Best Games of the 80's Decade' (Stuart Wynne / Robin Hogg / Phil King)
Related Web Sites
- The Birth of Paradroid (A monthly diary on the making of the game in Zzap! by Andrew Braybrook.)