DescriptionSaboteur combines platform, beat 'em up and stealth elements, setting you as a lone samurai trying to infiltrate an enemy complex. You are capable of all manner of ninja-style moves including kicks and punches, as well as using weaponry. You must travel through an underground complex linked mainly by platforms and ladders, before triggering a bomb and escaping the complex. Your energy recharges if you stay still, so finding areas free of guards (kill these for money) and dogs (avoid them; killing them gains you nothing) is useful, especially as you only have one life. There's plenty of object manipulation involved, although only one item can ever be carried at a time.
- "Saboteur!" -- Encore Commodore 64 re-release title
- "Ninja Darkness" -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Commodore 64 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Commodore Format||Mar, 1994||90 out of 100||90|
|Zzap!||Aug, 1986||75 out of 100||75|
There are currently no topics for this game.
SalesAccording to the magazine Retro Gamer, the game sold about 100.000 copies.
Related Web Sites
- Cambridge Centre for Computing History (Encore/Elite re-release) (For Amstrad CPC464: exhibit reference ID CH19969; additional material.)
- Cambridge Centre for Computing History (Encore re-release) (For Commodore 64: exhibit reference ID CH35602; additional material.)
- Commodore Plus/4 World (For Commodore 16, Plus/4: downloadable releases; online emulation of game; software sets; additional material.)
- CPC-Power (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; package material; manual digitalizations; goodies; advertisement; magazine reviews; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- CPCRrulez (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; advertisement; package material; downloadable releases; media; additional material.)
- IMDb, the Internet Movie Database (For combined platforms: game database entry.)
- Kio's home (For ZX Spectrum: additional material including – photographed cassete inlay; snapshots; downloadable releases.)
- Lemon 64 (For C64: game entry database; magazine reviews; music; cover art digitalizations; additional material.)
- Program Bytes 48K: 100 juegos representativos del ZX Spectrum en 10 minutos (Article in Spanish for the ZX Spectrum.)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Encyclopaedic entry for combined platforms.)
- World of Spectrum (for ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material including – cassete inlay, advertisement, instructions; remakes links; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts.)
- ZX Spectrum Reviews (For ZX Spectrum: magazine game reviews in HTML.)