DescriptionThe Shadows of Mordor is an officially licensed J.R.R. Tolkien "Lord of the Rings" text adventure game based on the second part of the trilogy - "The Two Towers".
You can select to play as either Frodo or Sam. The game follows the plot of the book closely and many locations have accompanying illustrations. Unusually for a text adventure game, the action happens in real time: if you sit there thinking of what to do next, things will happen in the game, e.g. creatures will move from location to location.
- "Shadows of Mordor: Game Two Of Lord Of The Rings" -- UK tag-lined title
- "Shadows of Mordor" -- UK title
Part of the Following Groups
- Game Engine: Inglish
- Inspiration: Author - J. R. R. Tolkien
- Inspiration: Literature
- The Tolkien Software Adventure series
There are no reviews for this game.
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Sep, 1987||4.6 out of 12||38|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Cover artThe cover art to the C64 version of this game is by Tolkien illustrator Ted Nasmith; entitled Shelob, it was first used in Unwin Paperbacks' 1987 calendar for the month of November.
- Computer and Video Games
- May 1988 (Issue #79) - Golden Joystick 1988 Award: Third in category Adventure Game of the Year
Cover illustration ("Shelob") by: