DescriptionIn this early UK-developed baseball simulation, one or two player matches can be played over 3,6 or 9 innings, with 3 different computer skill levels. The rules are explained by some introductory screens, and the game is fully faithful to these. Gameplay is in an arcade/action style, so you don't need to worry about statistics for different teams or players.
The main viewing area is a forced-perspective view of the field, with a small side-viewed window of the pitcher's delivery itself. When fielding, control automatically goes to the player nearest to the ball, but a point doesn't end until the pitcher has the ball back (unless it is a home run). Features include stealing bases, pitching curve balls, or customizing the colors of each team.
The game has been presented with considerable glitz, with cheerleaders on screen between innings and lots of advertising boards and other slogans.
There are no promo images for this game
- "World Series Baseball" -- UK title
- "Slugger" -- Official abbreviation
|Good game of baseball with one notable glitch||Bill Loguidice (7)|
|Zzap!||Jun, 1985||87 out of 100||87|
|Zzap!||Nov, 1989||78 out of 100||78|
|Zzap!||Aug, 1992||73 out of 100||73|
|64'er||Jun, 1985||10 out of 15||67|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Commodore Plus/4 World (for Commodore 16, Plus/4: downloadable releases; artwork; additional material)
- CPC-Power (in French) (for Amstrad CPC: dowloadable releases; artwork; additional material)
- Game Base 64 (for C64: Games, Database, Music, Emulation, Frontends, Reviews and Articles)
- Lemon 64 (for C64: games, reviews and music)
- My Abandonware (for PC Booter and C64: downloadable releases; online versions; additional material)
- World of Spectrum (for ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts)