DescriptionDespite its title, Adventure Construction Set is an editor that allows players to create their own role-playing scenarios. It is possible to customize a tile-set, maps, and objects to create RPGs reminiscent of the early Ultima games.
Seven small 'toolkits' to build from include Sci/Fi, Spy, and Medieval setting templates, plus two complete games are included as a demonstration: Rivers of Light is based on Sumerian mythology and contains 140 rooms and Land of Aventuria consists of seven mini adventures with different settings, e.g. an adaption of Alice in Wonderland or a Nazi castle.
Part of the Following Groups
- Electronic Arts' "Construction Set" series
- Fictional character: Alice (in Wonderland)
- Historical conflict: World War II
|The Original RPG Maker||phimseto (5)|
|Zzap!||Nov, 1985||24 out of 100||24|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|ACS lives on through the ACK community!||2||Pseudo_Intellectual (45476)
Jun 03, 2012
|Looking for ACS Adventures||3||Daniel Elmaleh
Oct 13, 2007
TriviaThe first version of ACS was published on the Apple II. Stuart Smith had by that time already published his games Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves and Return of Heracles and decided to take his adventure engine and create a stand-alone product from it.
Related Web Sites
- Adventure Construction Set Fan Site (A website with free games made with the Adventure Construction Set (English))
- Wikipedia (More information about the game on Wikipedia (English))