DescriptionThe Witness is a text adventure in which the player takes control of a police detective working near Los Angeles. The year is 1938, and on this stormy February night a wealthy but frightened man has asked the detective for protection. In spite of his best efforts, a death occurs, and the hero has twelve hours to solve the mystery and try to arrest the killer. If the player thinks there is enough evidence against one or more suspects to convince a jury of their guilt, he can arrest them and conclude the case.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Witness" -- Media title
- "The Witness: Somebody's going to take the Deep Six!" -- Tag-lined title
- "The Witness - An INTERLOGIC Mystery" -- Tag-lined title
- "Invitation To Murder" -- Working title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for the Commodore 64 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
Trivia(From The New Zork Times Vol.3 No.2 Spring 1984)
Some statistics about Witness:
- Apparent number of rooms (those seen by the player): 28
- Number of rooms: 31 (for various arcane programming reasons, some locations are inaccessible to the player)
- Number of different ways to die: 2
- Number of words in vocabulary: 711
- Number of takeable objects: 18
Related Web Sites
- Infocom homepage (At this site you can find information on ALL of Infocom's interactive games, Infocom related articles, sample transcripts, InvisiClue hints, walkthroughs, maps and information on buying Infocom games today.)
- The Commodore Zone (All about the game, with introduction, images, related links and comments area.)
- The Infocom Gallery (High-quality scans of the grey box package and manual of The Witness.)