DescriptionCanabalt is a daring escape game set in an industrialized city. Players control a man in a suit who is running from an unknown danger. The only form of interaction provided to the player is jumping to cross gaps and break through glass. It is not possible to control the man's speed. He will keep on running faster until he hits a waste bin or robot to slow down. There is also no ending to the game, as the environments are randomly generated for each playing session. The goal is to cross as large a distance as possible before dying.
- "Canabalt HD" -- Ouya, Amazon Android, and Google Play Android title
- "C64anabalt" -- Commodore 64 title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Modojo||iPhone||2010||4 out of 5||80|
|GamePro (US)||iPad||Jun 25, 2010||80|
|148apps||iPhone||Jan 11, 2010||80|
|GamesCollection||PS Vita||Aug 20, 2012||7.5 out of 10||75|
|NZGamer||PlayStation 3||Aug 09, 2012||7.2 out of 10||72|
|VideoGamer||iPad||Dec, 2013||14 out of 20||70|
|VideoGamer||Android||Dec, 2013||14 out of 20||70|
|Jeuxvideo.com||PS Vita||Jun 13, 2012||9 out of 20||45|
|Jeuxvideo.com||PlayStation 3||Jun 13, 2012||9 out of 20||45|
|Jeuxvideo.com||PSP||Jun 13, 2012||9 out of 20||45|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesCanabalt appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Related Web Sites
- Adam Atomic - Canabalt (Original browser version's author personal site, where the game can be played. Includes a link to the Kongregate release, which features high-score charts.)
- Canabalt (official game website)
- The Running Man: behind the sketchbooks of Adam Saltsman's Canabalt (a look at the design documents and sketches used to make the game, on BoingBoing (11th November 2009))