DescriptionCanabalt is a daring escape game set in an industrialized city. Players control a man in a suit who is running from an unknown danger. The only form of interaction provided to the player is jumping to cross gaps and break through glass. It is not possible to control the man's speed. He will keep on running faster until he hits a waste bin or robot to slow down. There is also no ending to the game, as the environments are randomly generated for each playing session. The goal is to cross as large a distance as possible before dying.
- "Canabalt HD" -- Android and Ouya title
- "C64anabalt" -- Commodore 64 title
Part of the Following Groups
- Games with randomly generated environments
- Genre: Auto-run platformer
- Middleware: flixel
- One-button games
There are no reviews for this game.
|Thunderbolt Games||iPhone||Jan 02, 2010||10 out of 10||100|
|Clubic||Browser||Nov 23, 2009||100|
|Modojo||iPhone||2010||4 out of 5||80|
|TouchGen||iPhone||Oct 06, 2009||80|
|GamesCollection||PS Vita||Aug 20, 2012||7.5 out of 10||75|
|VictoryGames.pl||Browser||Apr 22, 2012||60|
|Jeuxvideo.com||PlayStation 3||Jun 13, 2012||9 out of 20||45|
|Jeuxvideo.com||PSP||Jun 13, 2012||9 out of 20||45|
|Jeuxvideo.com||PS Vita||Jun 13, 2012||9 out of 20||45|
|Pocket Magazine / Pockett Videogames||PSP||Feb 07, 2013||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesCanabalt appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Related Web Sites
- Adam Atomic - Canabalt (Original browser version's author personal site, where the game can be played. Includes a link to the Kongregate release, which features high-score charts.)
- Canabalt (official game website)
- The Running Man: behind the sketchbooks of Adam Saltsman's Canabalt (a look at the design documents and sketches used to make the game, on BoingBoing (11th November 2009))